Note: This list is updated regularly and future changes will be made on it as the MVs get more views. Last update 07/09/2016.
Here is yet another top ten list, this time listing down the Top 10 most watched J-Pop music videos in YouTube so far.
Most of these music videos are public and can be watched worldwide. AKB48 tops this list and takes 4 spots in total, making the group the most successful so far when it comes to views recount.
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu follows them closely with PONPONPON leaving the five remaining places for alternative pop-rock band SEKAI NO OWARI, popular K-Pop group Girls’ Generation also known as 少女時代 (Shoujo Jidai) in Japan, J-Pop-metal trio BABYMETAL, rock band ONE OK ROCK and new stars Sandaime J Soul Brothers and their mega hit R.Y.U.S.E.I.
～ありのままで～/エルサ（松たか子）＜日本語歌詞付 Ver.＞__121,465,570m (*)
(*) Surprisingly enough yet not extremely unexpected, a way too popular commercial song used to promote popular video game series Yo-Kai Watch also could join the list. “ようかい体操第一” was used as part of a promotional series of 3DCG anime PVs promoting Yo-Kai Watch. Eventually with the rise on popularity of the games, the kawaii catchy song used in the PV became a popular hit that has been plagiarized, covered by J-Pop groups and even performed by cosplayers and popular internet sensations in Japan. Same story applies to the Japanese version of Frozen’s ‘Let It Go’ a.k.a ありのままで～. Although these songs may not be called J-Pop at its fullest because of its origins, it still belongs to the Japanese music world , therefore J-Pop.
1. AKB48 – ヘビーローテーション__128,386,983m
2. 少女時代 – Mr Taxi__117,526,465m
3. SEKAI NO OWARI – RPG__103,875,022m
4. AKB48 – 恋するフォーチュンクッキー__ 101,319,042m
5. 三代目 J Soul Brothers from EXILE TRIBE – R.Y.U.S.E.I__100,364,348m
6. Kyary Pamyu Pamyu – Ponponpon__99,465,709m
7. ONE OK ROCK – The Beginning__69,772,534m
8. AKB48 – ポニーテールとシュシュ__62,453,349m
9. BABYMETAL – Gimme chocolate!!__,58,864,393m
10. AKB48 – Everyday、カチューシャ__56,409,415m